Stay up to date with your skincare routine and use face masks at home for the best glow-up. From face masks for dry skin to masks for oily skin, this list of seven branded face masks will give you firmer and more youthful skin.
Why use face masks for better skin
Usually made with fruit and vegetable extracts and infused with additional vitamins and nutrients that are essential for skincare, everyone can benefit from using face masks. There are a variety of face mask products available, both suitable for men and women.
Face masks for men and women work in the same way by giving your skin the benefits of the necessary nutrition it needs to relax, repair and rejuvenate itself so you will always have glowing, youthful skin. Depending on your skin type, you can choose from face masks for dry or oily skin or find them for a specific benefit like hydration.
Read on to know more about different types of face masks and why you should use them.
Types of face masks for glowing skin
If you’re looking for face masks for oily skin or to simply rejuvenate your skin, this lemon mask from The Face Shop is for you. Infused with the natural goodness of lemon, it contains essentials that your skin needs to become healthy and smooth. The vitamin C-rich lemon formula gives your skin the much-needed antioxidants that work as a detox while the anti-bacterial and astringent nature of lemon is also good as anti-acne treatment. It also works well to remove blackheads for smoother, blemish-free skin.
Aloe vera is used for many purposes and at the top of that list is for skin issues. Especially good as face masks for dry skin, aloe vera is rich in vitamins and nutrients for healthy skin. The Face Shop’s Real Nature Aloe Face Mask contains extracts of aloe vera that will leave your skin more hydrated and supple. It also relieves skin irritation helping with blemishes or acne and moisturises the skin from within giving it a natural glow. The benefit of the deep moisturising aloe vera provides also helps in slowing down aging and improving wrinkles on the face.
For skin brightening and removing tan, Mirabelle’s Papaya Fairness Face Sheet Mask is a great option. Papaya is rich in vitamin A, C, E, K and many more essential nutrients that provide nourishment to the skin. The rejuvenating enzymes that papaya is rich in cleanses the skin and makes it glow. It removes clogged pores and more.
Deep cleansing masks
It is said that charcoal absorbs toxins and impurities in the skin, thereby removing the build-up of bad bacteria and dead cells that leads to a healthier, clearer complexion. This also improves irritation, redness and swelling in the skin. Mirabelle’s Charcoal Facial Sheet Mask is enriched with charcoal and can be used once a week for a better skincare routine.
Well known for their healthy fats, avocados can be used in your beauty routine too. It works on multiple levels and helps soothe the skin and rejuvenates it for naturally radiant skin. One of the healthy fats that avocados are rich in is oleic acid that helps reduce inflammation. A natural exfoliant, it also renews the skin and adds more moisture and nutrients to it. Mirabelle’s Avocado Fairness Facial Mask is one of the face masks for glowing skin that should be a part of your skincare schedule too. The avocado extracts in it will perk up your skin in no time.
For the best way to revitalize and plump up your skin, L’Oreal’s Revitalift Pro-Youth Face Sheet Mask is what you should turn to. The advanced cellulose tissue mask retains 10X times more essence that penetrates the skin and it also contains essential nutrients that tones the skin and infuses hydration and vitamins that your skin needs to glow.
When you think of cucumber for skincare, slices on the eyes are what comes to mind. Cucumber is known to be very beneficial for your skin. The high water content in cucumber provides much-needed hydration and moisture to the skin. The cooling effect of the water can help your skin feel refreshed. The vitamins in cucumbers are also known to lighten tan and brighten the skin. A face mask like Mirabelle’s Cucumber Facial Mask contains a high amount of cucumber extracts that are rich in Vitamin C and folic acid – just what you need.
Tips on using face masks
• Cleanse your skin before you apply your mask. Wash your face thoroughly to remove excess oil and dirt on your face before putting on a face mask. Also, remember to remove your makeup.
• Since face masks exfoliate and renew your skin, overdoing them will cause other skin problems like dryness or irritation. Limit the time you leave the mask on (20 minutes is what’s recommended) and use it once a week.
• Choose your face mask wisely. Find the right mask for your skin type and find the right ingredients you need for your skin condition. If you have naturally dry skin, you will want to find a hydrating face mask while if you have oily skin, you may need something that will remove the excess oil from your skin. Do your research and find what works for you!
• After you rinse off the face mask, finish your routine by moisturising your face with your go-to moisturising cream. It will seal in all the goodness from the face mask and retain the moisture and serum in your skin.
• You can also use this time to gently massage your skin to improve blood circulation and relax the muscles. It will not only help you feel better but look better too.
• Face masks are only one part of your routine! Remember to follow a beauty routine that works for you every day to keep your skin looking young, healthy and glowing all the time.