Flat footwear is synonymous with comfort, but you don’t need to be a fashion nerd to rock those flats with killer style as well. Read on to pick up quick tips on how to ace the look…
Match your flats to your outfits: here’s how
- Delicate cut-out detailing on your slip-ons like the ones we have from Melange here. Mark them out for pairing with ankle-length straight pants and a smart kurta with a hint of lace. If you choose to wear toe-ring flats, like this pair, also from Melange, go with metallic or floral touches on your outfit or accessories.
2. Shower your feet with the bounties of spring! Yep, flowers and spring prints on your feet are a great way to offset a colour block or single coloured ensemble. Try to pick an echo colour from your footwear to reflect on your solid colour outfit. We love the floral embroidered pointed-toe pair (so glam), and the textured open-toe flats – both from Melange.
3. Go beyond ‘safe’ brown and beige, and experiment with colour. The way to pair the solid colour burst on your feet is to wear something that contrasts well with the shoe colour or to have a hint of the colour repeated on your ensemble. The textured slip-ons in silver from Melange pairs well with lots of silver trinkets as accessories. The sunshine yellow tasselled mules from Ginger would make a striking frame with an indigo outfit. These mules come in a sober grey as well – more for a classic monochrome ensemble, these. For the colourblocked t-straps from Ginger, try complementing the colour on the flats with a reflection on your top and bag.
4. Whether its shorts, pants or skirts, the comfort of denim is well paired with flats with backstraps. We love this neutral-coloured elegant pair from Ginger.
5. If you want to pamper your feet and carry them in comfort to the evening outing, choose a pair with delicate embellishment. Check this versatile open-toe white pair from Ginger with an elegant touch of gold across the front.
Go on lace your spring with comfort that comes with elegance and style. There’s a right pair for all your wardrobe essentials. You just need to bag them now!